I love to consider myself the hostess with the mostest. I thoroughly enjoying having my friends/ family over my home and treating them like queens/ kings. It could be something as simple as a movie night or a bit more extravagant, like a New Year’s Eve party. It truly doesn’t matter, but I’m going to go all out and make sure the ambiance stays on point.
I recently had my friends from the United Kingdom in town for a visit. I decided one evening to host a little catch up with them at my house. I thought since my friends are from across the pond and are used to an English breakfast, I would serve an American breakfast/ brunch for dinner. I went for a ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ theme, but added my flare of course.
I love to keep fresh flowers in my home. I had some old flowers on my kitchen counter that were past their prime. Before I threw them away, I got the idea to use the old flowers to upgrade my “Breakfast at Tamika’s” décor. I cut off some of the flowers and added them to my ice tray. I then added more flair by adding Kaleidoscope Sprinkles Cosmic Shimmers to the ice cubes. The ice cubes came out super classy and cute. I will definitely by recycling this idea and making more fancy ice cubes this summer.
I decided to share this cute and simple DIY with you, so you can kick your decorations up a notch as well.
See my video and step by step decorations below.
- Extra Large Ice cube tray. Purchased from Nordstrom. (purchase here)
- Old or fresh flowers of your choice
- Kaleidoscope Sprinkles Cosmic Shimmers or any edible glitter. (purchase here)
- Scissors or garden shears.
- Clean ice cube tray
- Pour water 2/3 up each ice cube mold into cup
- Cut flowers off stems and add each flowers to ice cube mold.
- Add Cosmic Shimmers or edible glitter to ice cube tray.
- Add more water (if needed) to fill ice cube mold. Cover ice cube tray.
- Place ice cube tray into freezer for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove ice cube tray from the freezer.
- Remove ice cubes from the mold and add them to your drink tub, your favorite drink or anywhere you’d like.